Author(s): sudaapi | sudaapi#1971
Editor(s): koala | koala#4988
Last updated: 30th May 2022
Sablier Finance is an Ethereum protocol that aims to transform finance while enabling real-time payrolls. It is fully decentralized and autonomous, meaning that no trust has to be placed in any party other than the blockchain. It enables seamless financial agreements that remove the need for human oversight and supervision.
Making monthly payouts is a difficult task for DAOs. From bounties to role compensation, much work and money go into executing the job. Sablier provides a continuous, trustless, decentralized and autonomous system to pay everyone in real time. By using Sablier, the payer can automated the paying stream to individuals and organizations at fixed intervals with a fixed amount. The flexibility of Sablier also enables the pause of these automated payment streams at the touch of a button.
What’s even more convenient is that Sablier Finance is fully integrated into the Gnosis ecosystem of dApps. Therefore, any community with a public Treasury manned by their very own multisig signers are able to initial and execute real-time financing from the Gnosis Safe app.
You just deposit the money in the contract, choose a payee, and that's it. Sablier will take care of the rest as per the command. Here’s an example:
$DAIsalary paid by Jack to Jill over the whole month of February. The start time would be February 1 and the stop time March 1. Every second makes Jill richer; on February 10, she would have earned approximately 3,000
$DAI. By February 20, Jill would have earned approximately 6,000 DAI; and by March 1, Jill would have earned the whole 9,000
$DAIas promised to her as salary compensation.
The withdraw function will transfer money from the Sablier smart contract to the sender's account (ie. their wallet address). The amount of ETH that can be withdrawn must meet or be equal to the current available balance. This function can only be called by someone who is either logged in as the sender or recipient for their stream, and not anyone else - including the admins.
1. Open the Gnosis Safe app by clicking on
To simulate the use of Sablier, we will use Gnosis on the Rinkeby testnet.
2. Connect to your wallet to verify you are the owner of the Gnosis Treasury
3. Access the Gnosis Safe
Apps and select
4. Fill out the form and click
5. To start the stream submit and sign the transaction.
6. Get the confirmation from the multi-sig signers.
7. Go to Sablier itself and see the live stream.
1. Use the Sablier app and click on
View outgoing streams.
2. Click on the
3. Sign the approval using your wallet.
1. Headover to Sablier Finance and click on
2. Type in the amount you wish to withdraw from your Sablier streams.
3. To receive the amount, confirm the transaction from your wallet.
4. Check your wallet to see the amount.
Note: If you are testing it on testnet, you need testnet
$ETH. You can visit https://faucets.chain.link/ to get some for free!
1. First head over to Sablier Finance and click on
Use Dapp Now
2. Connect your wallet.
3. Then select the
4. Fill out the form and click
Create stream. Here, we are streaming
$wMATIC. Make sure to double check the stream recipient, duration of the stream and how much is streamed.
5. Give permission to access your crypto and click "approve" button
6. Confirm the stream by confirming the transaction with your wallet.
7. You will be given a link after the transaction is confirmed, share that with the payee for them to access the streamed money!
Sablier has created an open source protocol that is safe and dependable - taking into consideration from both external audits and public opinion. Now any DAOs can easily access Sablier and use real time financing fearlessly for compensating their contributors in a trustless manner within Gnosis, as well as from their personal wallet.